Titanium spool and shaft options specifically for the Limitless V2
With unique 6mm drive cups the long nose spool is a fully machined solid 10mm shaft, not just a plain 8mm shaft with a cheap spacer. The spool centre portion is 8mm diameter to take standard 8mm bore spur gears (NOT INCLUDED).
Our renown titanium dog bone shafts have been developed over 2 years with some of the fastest builders in the world using them. These are fully machined shafts with the main diameter tuned to 7mm diameter to save weight - again, it’s not just a plain 8mm bar or a part from ebay. Our specially sourced pins are top quality hardened carbon steel, not just stock dowels. A developed and proven product.
The Trident shaft option is a must have for high speed running. Standard shaft pin cannot withstand the heat and loads generated at the front cup. Proven at 222mph to be a solid performer, very few 200mph plus Arrma cars run without the trident!
1) Replacement spool only, complete with Hybrid Ceramic bearings, set of spool spacers and 6mm bore drive cups. The titanium shaft has a full 'flat' for drive rather than the restrictive Arrma hole and pin system. SPUR GEAR NOT INCLUDED.
2) Complete central drive set. As used by many of the worlds fastest speed runners. Includes the titanium spool (described below) plus a pair of 116 (114)mm titanium front/rear centre drive shafts.
3) Complete central drive set including the game changing, ball bearing Trident front shaft and special drive cup for the ultimate smooth, free running, long lasting high speed drive system.
4) Shafts only. Pair of 116(114)mm titanium centre drive shafts
5) Shafts only, including a front Trident shaft and cup.
These are drop in solutions. No cutting, filing or modifying of stock parts required.
The spool spacers are designed to give a few spacing options including for Arrma or Saga spur gears. Other spur gears may be different widths and may require different spacers. We also sell individual spacers and a shim set for fine adjustment.
Please see the Trident shaft listing for full details of this option. in brief:
True constant velocity
Three ball race bearings taking the load
Almost zero friction losses!
Direct replacement for all standard 114mm / 116 shafts
Hardened steel TRIDENT drive cup
Like other drive components, this assembly requires degreasing and high strength loctite (including on the drive cup bore) if you want them to stay together.
Our bearings have been pre oiled by our supplier. The oil is a little thick for our liking, so we clean and re-oil for our very high speed builds. Check out our precision oil applicator too!