Introducing the Mamba XLX2, an ESC that will redefine the limits of 1/5th scale R/C!
Engineered from the ground up, the Mamba XLX2 is packed with a potent combination of hardware and software advancements, sensored performance, CRYO-DRIVE™ and waterproof design that will set a new standard for high performance power systems. The Mamba XL family is well known for its extreme performance capabilities. The XLX2 pays homage to the legacy of its predecessors and exceeds their performance on all levels.
The Mamba XLX2 and 1721-1260kv combo is designed for 1/6th and 1/7th scale vehicles weighing up to 25lbs and up to 8s LiPo. The 1721-1260kv is a great upgrade option for the Traxxas X-Maxx and Arrma Kraton 8s. It is more powerful than the stock motors, but not crazy overpowered like our 2028 series motors. The 8mm output shaft is designed to handle the increased power of this larger motor; but does require an 8mm bore, Mod-1 pinion. It is also a great upgrade for the Arrma 1/7th scale on-road cars, IE Limitless, Infraction, Felony.
CRYO-DRIVE™, Castle’s proprietary breakthrough technology integrates unique software and dedicated hardware to reduce heat and dramatically increase performance. Thousands of times per second, the XLX2 software minimizes the amount of time the electrical components spend generating heat. These software advancements work in parallel with an open housing design which enables increased directional airflow to cool critical components. With the combination of a new 50mm fan and forged elliptical fin heatsink, the XLX2 maximizes airflow throughout the system, taking thermal performance to a whole new level. The results are more power handling, cooler ESC temperatures and longer run times and for ultra-high performance.
NOTE: Due to the high power nature of the XLX2, you must use appropriately sized batteries and connectors. We recommend a minimum 150 amp connector for the XLX2; examples include Castle 6.5mm polarized, EC8 and QS8. DO NOT USE XT90, Traxxas, EC5/IC5 or any other connectors rated below 150 amps continuous.
You can easily optimize the ESC for any driving condition, from rugged terrain to smooth pavement to the perils of rock and gravel. Create, save and download setup profiles through the Castle Link Programming Suite on your Windows™ PC, or wirelessly with the convenience of the new B-Link™ Bluetooth™ Adapter and Castle Link app for Android or iOS.
Additional tuning flexibility awaits you with on-the-fly adjustments from your transmitter via the Auxiliary wire. Simply connect the white signal wire to an open radio channel, and enable the feature in Castle Link by selecting what Auxiliary function you would like to use. Access programming parameters such as Torque Control, Max Brake or Max Throttle.
Pairing the Mamba XLX2 with the Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED 1721-1260KV will allow heavy, high speed rigs to experience controllable low-end ranges without sacrificing power, punch or speed. SmartSense™ mode uses the motor’s sensors to start the motor to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is spinning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode. You’ll put more power to the ground, where it should be, instead of wasting it through raw heat and RPMs.
MAMBA XLX2 FEATURES:
- Input Voltage Range 3S-8S LiPo (33.6v max)
- Sensorless, SmartSense™ and Brushed Running Modes
- Powerful Integrated 20A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- CRYO-DRIVE™ Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Premium forged heatsink with elliptical fins for superior air flow and increased heat dissipation
- Oversized factory equipped thermally controlled 50MM cooling fan
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters
- Mounting holes located in bottom of aluminum case for affixing to your vehicle
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for "on-the-fly" adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Easily tune and update ESC with USB and Bluetooth™ programming options
- Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately and Castle Link all available on Google Play or Apple App Store)
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, KS USA and backed by Castle Creations' 1-year warranty
- 4-POLE 12-SLOT sensored design that boasts exceptional efficiency and produces less heat
- Proprietary stator winding produces low internal resistance for a cooler running motor
- Dual sensor ports to ensure optimal installation in your large-scale vehicle
- Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest possible bearing life
- High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with high-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions and high RPMs
MAMBA XLX2 ESC COMES WITH:
- Mamba XLX2 ESC
- 1721-1260kv Sensored Brushless Motor
- 300mm Direct Connect Sensor Wire
- Mamba Decals
- Mamba XLX2 Quick Start Guide
- Sensor port dust cover
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB