Castle is excited to return to the boat market after a decade long hiatus. We are pleased to present the Hydra XLX2!
The Hydra XLX2 is based on our popular and powerful Mamba XLX2 ESC. We've removed the air cooled heatsink and added a watercooled heatsink. It is finished off with an aluminum top plate for a clean look. Attached to the top plate are two aluminum, water fittings for 1/8" tubing and uses standard 10-32 UNF threads; package includes optional .17" fittings.
CRYO-DRIVE™, Castle’s proprietary breakthrough technology integrates unique software and dedicated hardware to reduce heat and dramatically increase performance. Thousands of times per second, the Hydra XLX2 software minimizes the amount of time the electrical components spend generating heat. The results are more power handling, cooler ESC temperatures and longer runtimes and for ultra-high performance.
NOTE: Due to the high power nature of the Hydra XLX2, you must use appropriately sized batteries and connectors. We recommend a minimum 150 amp connector for the Hydra XLX2; examples include Castle 6.5mm polarized, EC8 and QS8. DO NOT USE XT90, Traxxas, EC5/IC5 or any other connectors rated below 150 amps continuous.
You can easily optimize the ESC for any running conditions. Create, save and download setup profiles through the Castle Link Programming Suite on your Windows™ PC, or wirelessly with the convenience of the new B-Link™ Bluetooth™ Adapter and Castle Link app for Android or iOS.
Additional tuning flexibility awaits you with on-the-fly adjustments from your transmitter via the Auxiliary wire. Simply connect the white signal wire to an open radio channel, and enable the feature in Castle Link by selecting what Auxiliary function you would like to use. Access programming parameters such as Torque Control, Max Brake or Max Throttle.
HYDRA XLX 2 FEATURES:
- Input Voltage Range 3S-8S LiPo (33.6v max)
- Sensorless, SmartSense™ and Brushed Running Modes
- Powerful Integrated 20A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- CRYO-DRIVE™ Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Machined water-cooled heatsink with water fittings for 1/8" tubing.
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters
- Mounting holes located in bottom of aluminum case for affixing to your vehicle
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for "on-the-fly" adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link all available on Google Play or Apple App Store)
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, KS USA and backed by Castle Creations' 1-year warranty
Hydra XLX2 ESC COMES WITH:
- Hydra XLX2 ESC with water fittings for 1/8" tubing
- Castle Creations Decals
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Hydra XLX2 Quick Start Guide